This was a silly one.
The Potato Pants! plot: Potato wants a new pair of pants. But a mean eggplant may stop Potato from getting his new pants at Lance Vance’s Fancy Pants store.
You know what is fun to say out loud? Lance Vance’s Fancy Pants.
My 6-year-old liked it a lot. It’s funny and silly and has A LOT of potato-puns. It’s a great read-aloud.
It’s written by Laurie Keller (The Scrambled States of America, Do Unto Otters: A Book About Manners, We Are Growing!). My son loved Scrambled States of America, and was an even bigger fan of the game. Gamewright games are the best.
Top Gamewright games in our house:
2. Sleeping Queens
5. Too Many Monkeys
6. Scrambled States of America
Interesting facts about Laurie Keller:
- Was voted “class artist” and “most friendly” in high school
- Studied education and dance, before switching over to art
- Worked at Hallmark and Nickelodeon before publishing her first book at 37
- In each book, Keller thanks her editor with a disco-themed song
- She won the Theodore Seuss Geisel Award for “We are Growing!” – the Geisel Awards are my favorite as they generally pick funny books that my kids love (not serious, culturally-important books that my kids think are b-o-r-i-n-g)